Medicated Mini Egg Cookie Recipe
Cannabis Infused Mini Egg Cookies!
This Easter, we want to raise your spirits high and celebrate with getting you high as well! With a little trip to your favourite dispensary near you, and a little time in your kitchen, these cookies are sure to bring the spring time spirit to your home!
Thanks to one of our budtenders at our Preston location, Anya, here’s a step-by-step recipe on how to make these cannabis infused cookies at home!
Mini Egg Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 cup softened (not melted) Cannabutter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or crushed mini eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking dish or two with parchment paper – use some spray oil under the paper to get it to stick to the pan.
- Either chop mini eggs in half with a knife or roughly crush with the bottom of a glass.
- Put in bowl and coat with 1/4c flour.
- Cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy – you should feel minimal grains of sugar between your fingers, and it should be a very pale off white colour.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating between each one. Again, let it get fluffy!
- Add the vanilla with the second egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining 2 cups of flour with baking soda and salt.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet, stirring as minimally as possible.
- Once all of the dry ingredients have been added and are about 80% mixed in with the wet ingredients, add the mini eggs and finish mixing (again, minimally).
- Scoop out balls of dough to no larger than a golf ball, depending on preference for both size and chewiness (smaller cookies will get crunchier).
- Bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the cookie slightly bounces back when a finger is pressed gently into the middle.
- Cool slightly (about 5 minutes) on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm or fully chilled.
- Use an online THC calculator to figure out how many grams of flower you need for your appropriate dosing. We recommend about 3.5 grams of a 20% THC flower as a starting point.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Grind the decided amount of bud into a course grind. Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the bud is a very light golden colour with as little green as possible (darker strains may make this more difficult to judge).
Slow Cooker Method:
- Pour the baked bud into a clean mason jar.
- Add 1 cup of melted/softened butter and seal loosely with jar lid.
- Place jar upright. in a slow cooker and fill the reservoir with water until just over 1/2 of the jar is submerged.
- Put slow cooker on low-medium heat. Cook the butter for 4-8 hours, opening the jar every 30 minutes to release built up pressure.
- Remove the jar from the slow cooker, briefly let cool and dry completely before opening.
- Pour the baked bud into a saucepan along with 1 cup of butter.
- On a medium heat, melt butter and bring to a light simmer. Lower the heat and cook for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat briefly let cool before moving forward.
- After you have infused your butter, strain out the bud – we recommend a cheese cloth, but a fine mesh sieve is fine.
- Press the flower into the cloth or sieve to release as much butter as possible, being careful of the temperature.
- Let butter solidify at room temperature or in the fridge, letting soften again before use.