Homemade CBD Dog Treats
There are many benefits of CBD oil for dogs, just like us humans, our furry friends also experience anxiety. Usually due to fear, separation or aging, CBD can be a natural treatment for your dog, but always consult your vet first. This is why so many dog-lovers buy CBD dog treats for their furry friends. But did you know that you can make your own CBD-enriched dog treats at home? Here is a recipe that has been dog-tested, dog approved, and easy to make for humans!
Please note that the measurements of CBD oil assume your dog uses one drop a day. If you’re wondering about how much CBD your dog should be taking, use this helpful chart to help calculate the exact dosage you should be giving your pup. The general rule however, is 1mg of CBD for every 10 pounds your dog weighs.
CBD Dog Treats Ingredients:
- 1 cup apple sauce *
- ½ cup peanut butter *
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- CBD oil
*Ensure that the apple sauce and peanut butter doesn’t contain toxic preservatives or sweeteners. Be especially careful to avoid xylitol, a common sweetener that’s extremely toxic to dogs, even in small doses.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius).
- Mix the apple sauce, peanut butter, and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and flour while stirring..
- Mix until everything is well-combined. Ideally, you’d like it to be a dough-like consistency. If necessary, add more flour or a little water to change the consistency.
- Roll the dough into small balls. Alternatively, roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to divide them up. You want them to be about a quarter of an inch (half a centimeter) in thickness.
- Put parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet. Add the cookie dough to the sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled down completely, add the CBD oil to the cookies. If your dog needs one drop of CBD oil a day, add one drop to each treat. Allow the oil to soak into the cookies.