3 Easy Fall Inspired Cannabis Infused Recipes
Fall is the perfect time to cuddle up with some warm blankets, turn on some spooky movies, and enjoy some great food. Whether you’re making something for a potluck or just want to get your medicine in an extra special way, here are some fantastic fall recipes that you can try! And it all begins with cannabutter.
How to Make Cannabutter
Use an online THC calculator to figure out how many grams of flower you need for your appropriate dosing. We recommend about 3.5 grams of a 20% THC flower as a starting point.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Grind the decided amount of bud into a course grind. Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the bud is a very light golden colour with as little green as possible (darker strains may make this more difficult to judge).
Slow Cooker Method:
- Pour the baked bud into a clean mason jar.
- Add 1 cup of melted/softened butter and seal loosely with jar lid.
- Place jar upright. in a slow cooker and fill the reservoir with water until just over 1/2 of the jar is submerged.
- Put slow cooker on low-medium heat. Cook the butter for 4-8 hours, opening the jar every 30 minutes to release built up pressure.
- Remove the jar from the slow cooker, briefly let cool and dry completely before opening.
- Pour the baked bud into a saucepan along with 1 cup of butter.
- On a medium heat, melt butter and bring to a light simmer. Lower the heat and cook for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat briefly let cool before moving forward.
- After you have infused your butter, strain out the bud – we recommend a cheese cloth, but a fine mesh sieve is fine.
- Press the flower into the cloth or sieve to release as much butter as possible, being careful of the temperature.
- Let butter solidify at room temperature or in the fridge, letting soften again before use.
How to make your Thanksgiving Meal INFUSED
Sweet Potato Mash
For this fantastic fall recipe, you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup of Cannabutter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoons of nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
Instructions: Preheat your oven to 350º degrees and then combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Once smooth, pour the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. For greater potency, add additional cannabutter when done.
Smoked Mac N Cheese
For a simple and fast side, this recipe can’t be beat. Gather the following:
- 1/2 cup cold Cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon melted Cannabutter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded American or Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Instructions: Preheat your oven to 350º degrees and bring the milk to a boil. Add your cannabutter, seasoning, cheese and pasta. Pour into a baking pan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
Ganja Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie, a fall staple, is even better infused with your favorite strain. What you need:
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin or 1 16-ounce can of pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350º degrees. Combine the beaten eggs, milk, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, brown sugar and pumpkin in a large bowl, and beat. Add your cannabutter to the mixture then fill the pastry crust. Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Share with us your fall recipes as we would love to see what you make! We are open 7 days a week and always open to questions in store, or via email. Reach out on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or give your closest dispensary a call and we will be happy to help you out with product questions, dosage questions, or anything else you might be curious about!